Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Debris buildup over the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some contractors will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as small particles, leaves, grit from shingles, and pine needles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to climb a ladder yourself.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a set time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get an entire gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying expertise. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. A number of top providers provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for a comprehensive warranty for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Texas or Keller might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer feedback. Look at the company's profile on social media, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, and Trustpilot to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $441 and $3,701 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter accessibility, time of year, home size, and length and width determine pricing for the project.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Keller. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Keller
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some problems I can run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.