Common Types of Air Conditioners
There are a few different varieties of air conditioners on the Irving market. While HVAC technicians can work with most types, knowing which one you have will streamline your company search.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Irving condos, townhomes, and apartments. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users set up their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They provide quiet operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name implies, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for apartments, condos, or individual rooms.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer individual room temperature control, higher energy efficiency, and flexible installation options.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
How to Choose Your Irving AC Repair Service
With the intense Irving heat, AC issues are urgent to fix. However, to get the best possible outcome, it's critical to thoroughly research different HVAC companies first. We recommend adhering to these steps as you prepare.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Texas' Department of Licensing & Regulation issues Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractor licenses to both companies and technicians. Applicants for a contractor license must meet apprenticeship requirements unless they hold a technician license, trade school diploma, mechanical engineering degree, or relevant military service experience.
Many states and cities also require companies to carry liability insurance. Even if your community doesn't require it, we still recommend choosing an insured company. This will protect you if an accident happens or something gets damaged.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits contractors that respond to complaints professionally and honor their warranties.
It's normal for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a provider if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We recommend getting three or more estimates to find the best value. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about manufacturer warranties, installer guarantees, permitting fees and emergency repair availability.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Irving
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Irving?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
How often should Irving homeowners have their AC systems serviced?
What month is best for getting an air conditioner replaced?
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
My HVAC problem is urgent. How quickly could a company respond?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.