Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above providers provide a complete range of services. Extras such as gutter cleaning and repair services are often included in a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider aluminum or stainless steel micro-mesh guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris buildup through the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are essential to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as small particles, pine needles, grit from shingles, and leaves, can accumulate and lead to clogs, particularly on low sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to climb a ladder yourself.
Gutter guard companies typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will give a package price for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for maintenance services, gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying skill levels. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: Heavy rains in summer and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. A number of top providers provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Texas may have to hold workers comp coverage, business licenses, and liability insurance according to local regulations. Reach out to the Hurst government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for assessing any home services company. Sites such as Yelp, Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, social media, and Trustpilot provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $441 to $3,701. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your foundation, fascia, and roof will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter time of year, length and width, home size, and accessibility impact the total pricing.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Hurst. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the per-foot cost by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Hurst
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop any size of debris?
What are some problems I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.