Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Hurst
Some frequent reasons why Hurst homeowners encounter foundation troubles include:
- Aging plumbing: The average Hurst home construction year is 1979. If you live in an older home, it's likely to have cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can threaten your foundation's integrity, especially when it gathers in areas your gutter system doesn't cover.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't done to standard could lead to your foundation settling.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can encroach on a home's foundation through cracks, and may exert pressure that results in your foundation fracturing, pipes being damaged, and overall structural destabilization.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's stability depends greatly on its foundation. It's crucial to hire the best team possible. Focus your research on these qualities:
Licensing and Experience
In Texas, local governments can choose to require contractor's licenses. Even some major cities do not require licensure to alter or repair foundations. We recommend contacting your local officials to learn more about contractor and building standards. You can also get a sense of a company's experience through the details its representatives share. Inquire about its inspection methods, local code requirements, permit-pulling procedures, and fees.
Contractor websites are excellent places to do your research. Usually, a business will show how long it's been operating. It might also share other content to assist interested parties.
When you're researching a company's standing, go to its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its rating and a list of customer reviews, both complaints and positive experiences. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. You want to discover how a company handles them. If the management team proactively and consistently resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, has more negative reviews, and doesn't communicate well, you should think twice about working with it.
Lastly, we suggest you search additional sites, including Trustpilot and Google, for additional feedback.
Foundation Repair Cost in Hurst
The price of foundation repair can range widely depending on the scale of the issues and what must be fixed. For minor foundation fissures and settling concerns, you may pay as little as $1,900. However, if there is considerable deterioration, the average cost falls at about $3,100. More intricate projects requiring tunneling, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost $6,900+. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Hurst
What will I pay to repair my foundation in Hurst?
What are some signs I need foundation waterproofing?
- Plumbing leaks
- Hairline cracks
- Discoloration or odors
- Uneven floors
- Mold and mildew
Is foundation repair covered under my homeowners insurance?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Make sure your home's gutters and downspouts are properly installed and direct water away from your foundation to prevent water accumulation.
- Irrigate the soil around your foundation consistently, especially during dry spells, to prevent shrinking and expansion.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to angle away from your foundation, promoting water drainage and minimizing the risk of foundation issues.
- Check your foundation for cracks, and repair any issues promptly.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.