Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Huntsville
Foundation issues have a few possible causes. Here are the top ones for Huntsville residents:
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't completed to standard could lead to your foundation settling.
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can threaten your foundation's integrity, especially when it gathers in areas your drainage system doesn't protect.
- Aging plumbing: While many Huntsville homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Huntsville receives, the soil absorbs moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction puts pressure on nearby foundations, even if the foundations stay dry.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can enter a home's foundation through crevices, and may apply force that leads to your foundation fracturing, pipes rupturing, and overall structural weakening.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's foundation is vital to its structural integrity, so it's important to work with a trustworthy foundation repair company. Assess each contractor using the following factors:
Licensing and Experience
In Texas, local governments can choose to require contractor's licenses. Even some major cities do not require licensure to alter or repair foundations. We recommend contacting your local officials to learn more about contractor and building standards. Talk to team members to gain additional insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local building codes, inspection processes and permit ordinances.
Another way to determine a company's credibility is to look at its website. There, you can learn how long it's been in business and its trade credentials. It might also share knowledge and insights through blog posts, podcasts, or videos.
We suggest looking into the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to determine whether it's accredited and has a good customer review score. You can check whether other homeowners have reported satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Remember that complaints don't necessarily mean a contractor is incompetent. BBB comments also show how companies address complaints. A responsive team that strives for positive outcomes is a good one. Steer clear of a business if you don't see clear communication about problems.
Foundation Repair Cost in Huntsville
The price of foundation repair can differ quite significantly depending on the degree of the issues and what's required to resolve them. For minor foundation cracking and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is considerable damage, the typical cost is about $3,000. More complex projects involving digging, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost upwards of $6,900. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Huntsville
How much does foundation repair cost in Huntsville?
When would I need a foundation replacement, and when could I just get a repair?
What are the different types of foundations in Huntsville?
Will foundation repair disrupt my daily routine while the work's being done?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.