Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer various to help your furnace work at maximum efficiency. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, including a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including possible gas leaks, malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, or damaged heat exchangers. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. Skilled technicians will first assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. Professional HVAC technicians are trained in industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. Your provider will complete a final inspection after installation to ensure your furnace is running optimally.
You should schedule an inspection with a furnace repair provider if you notice your furnace failing to turn on. A technician will inspect every component of your furnace to identify possible causes. The inspection usually includes testing the thermostat's accuracy, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, inspecting the burner and ignition system, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and cleaning and replacing air filters. Your technician will check the heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. Yearly furnace tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help prevent potential breakdowns, which promotes a safe living environment during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services help restore your heat if your furnace breaks down on a cold night. Many companies offer 24/7 services to help get your furnace up and running as soon as possible. These services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. When your furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can pose discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Houston Furnace Repair Service
You should consider a number of factors when hiring a local Houston furnace repair company. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. Compare multiple Houston furnace repair providers. Avoid ones that offer extremely low rates, as many employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Check for warranties or guarantees offered by your furnace repair provider. A trustworthy company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on parts and repair work. This gives you peace of mind knowing you can depend on your service provider if issues arise post-repair.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the necessary licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Texas must obtain a contractor's license from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Ask about the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are trained and experienced in working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training programs to confirm that technicians are up to date on current industry standards.
- Reputation and reviews: Research the company's reputation by checking online reviews and testimonials. A strong positive reputation is a likely indicator of quality services. Pay attention to how a provider addresses complaints or negative feedback, as this reflects its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but on average expect to spend around $445 on furnace repair. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $81–$407
- Cleaning: $49–$65
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,629–$2,851
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$122
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$90
- Filter change: $33–$122
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Houston
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.