Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete suite of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with seamless products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, hangers, downspouts, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Debris buildup over the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are essential to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as leaves, grit from shingles, small particles, and pine needles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard providers have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to an entire seamless gutter system, assess your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors give a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others charge separately for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying skill levels. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Heavy rains in summer and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. Several highly rated companies provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Texas or Garland might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer reviews to see how other homeowners rated their quality. Platforms such as Google Reviews, social media, the Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, and Yelp can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
The cost for new gutter guard installation is typically $477 to $3,881. Gutter guard costs might be expensive up front for some homeowners. However, slowing water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation will lower long-term maintenance costs. Factors such as gutter accessibility, length and width, home size, and time of year impact the total pricing.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Garland. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, determine your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Garland
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.