Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Local furnace repair providers offer a number of services to keep your furnace running efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair experts can diagnose and fix most common furnace issues. These include clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, and faulty ignitions. Your furnace repair professional can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will make sure all components function properly by inspecting your furnace, cleaning it, lubricating moving parts, and replacing air filters.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You may need a new system if yours is past repair or if you're looking for a more energy-efficient option like a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC expert can integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts, and they should follow industry standards and safety protocol for proper furnace replacement and connection. After installation, the technician will complete one last inspection to make sure your furnace runs efficiently.
You likely need an inspection if you notice your furnace isn’t turning on. During this inspection, a technician will examine each part of the furnace to look for possible issues. Inspections typically include cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. The technician verifies the heating system's safety and efficiency, making necessary repairs or adjustments. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups encourage peak performance, help prevent possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during colder months.
Some furnace repair providers also have emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can have it up and running again as quickly as possible. When your furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and you can't open windows for fresh air, it can pose discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Fort Worth Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations for choosing a local Fort Worth furnace repair provider. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Compare multiple Fort Worth furnace repair providers to look for the best service offerings and prices. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but beware companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Reliable furnace repair companies should provide warranties or guarantees on their parts and workmanship. Companies that back their work this way offer you peace of mind should something go wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: HVAC contractors in Texas must obtain a contractor's license from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation. It's important to hire a furnace repair provider that is properly licensed and certified to ensure that your technician is qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively.
- Qualifications: Find out what qualifications and experience a furnace repair company has. Your service provider should employ well-trained technicians who have experience with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training policies to ensure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: You can read online reviews and testimonials from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback. This can reveal a great deal about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors affect the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $447 on average, although this can vary depending on the details. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $82–$408
- Cleaning: $49–$65
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,633–$2,857
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$122
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$90
- Filter change: $33–$122
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Fort Worth
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.