Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above providers provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repair services are often included in a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
Most gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature easy DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter offer installation services. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Debris buildup over time can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it regularly. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer routine cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard companies, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a set time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or need an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses quote an all-inclusive price for full gutter installation. Others bill individually for work such as gutter guard installation, fascia board replacement, and gutter cleaning. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying skill levels. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Installers must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Texas or Flower Mound might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Contact your local government to learn more about specific requirements and confirm a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to assess a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on Better Business Bureau, Yelp, Trustpilot, social media, and Google Reviews to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative ratings, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $441 to $3,701 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your foundation, roof, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter home size, accessibility, length and width, and time of year will determine the total project cost.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Flower Mound. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, determine your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Figure out that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Flower Mound
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop any size of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.