Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can hire a local furnace repair provider for a number of services that help your furnace run efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and repair most common furnace issues. These include malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as damaged heat exchangers, malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, and possible gas leaks. Your furnace repair provider can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will ensure that all components function properly by inspecting your furnace, cleaning it, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
HVAC providers can help you install a new furnace if yours is past repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. They will also integrate a new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. Following installation, the company performs one last inspection to ensure the furnace runs optimally.
Schedule an inspection through a furnace repair company if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During the inspection, a technician will look at each of the furnace's components to identify potential causes. Inspections typically include inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, testing the thermostat's accuracy, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. A technician will check the heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary adjustments or repairs. Yearly furnace inspections and tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help avoid breakdowns, promoting a safe living environment during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services are there to help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. Many providers offer these around-the-clock services to get your system back up and running promptly any time of the day or night. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks from reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather conditions when you can't open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Duncanville Furnace Repair Service
You should consider several factors when hiring a local Duncanville furnace repair company. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. We recommend comparing several Duncanville furnace repair providers. Beware of ones that offer extremely low rates, as many use subpar replacement parts and low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Reputable furnace repair companies should offer warranties or guarantees on their parts and workmanship. Providers that stand behind their work offer you peace of mind should something go wrong post-repair.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair provider holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely. HVAC contractors in Texas must obtain a contractor's license from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation.
- Qualifications: Ask about the experience and qualifications of a furnace repair company. Ideally, you want technicians that are trained and experienced in working with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about company training programs to verify that technicians are up to date on current industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: Look through online reviews and testimonials from previous customers to learn about a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also pay attention to how it addresses negative reviews and complaints. This can reveal a great deal about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit you have, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but expect to spend an average of $463 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $84–$418
- Cleaning: $50–$67
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,671–$2,923
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$125
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$92
- Filter change: $33–$125
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Duncanville
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.