Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Duncanville
A home in Duncanville might experience foundation issues for numerous reasons. Some are unique to the local environment, while others are prevalent nationwide. They include:
- Aging plumbing: The average Duncanville home construction year is 1978. If you live in an older home, it's likely to have cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leakage could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't done to standard could result in your foundation settling.
- Standing water: Standing water around your home can be a menace to your foundation, especially when it gathers in areas your gutter system doesn't cover.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can encroach on a home's foundation through crevices, and may exert pressure that results in your foundation cracking, pipes leaking, and overall structural weakening.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Choosing a foundation provider doesn't have to be challenging. We encourage you to list what you want most in a provider, then evaluate each contractor on your list against these qualities.
Licensing and Experience
In Texas, local governments can choose to require contractor's licenses. Even some major cities do not require licensure to alter or repair foundations. We recommend contacting your local officials to learn more about contractor and building standards. Talk to team members to gain additional insight into a company's experience. You should ask about local building codes, inspection processes and permit ordinances.
Contractor websites are among the best places to do your research. Usually, a foundation company will display how long it's been in the industry. It might also upload articles to help potential clients.
Before committing to a company, examine its online profile with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). You can examine both positive reviews and complaints. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. You want to discover how a company handles them. If the management team consistently and proactively resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, has an abundance of negative feedback, and doesn't communicate effectively, you should avoid working with it.
Finally, we recommend you search other platforms, like Trustpilot and Google, for additional feedback.
Foundation Repair Cost in Duncanville
The cost of foundation repair can vary quite a bit depending on the extent of the issues and what needs to be done to resolve them. For minor foundation fractures and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is substantial deterioration, the average cost will likely fall around $2,800. More complex jobs involving digging, helical piers, or concrete leveling could cost $6,800 or more. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Duncanville
What will I pay to repair my foundation in Duncanville?
When do I need to waterproof my foundation?
Note that there are two kinds of waterproofing. Interior waterproofing involves installing sump pumps and drains or using sealants around a crawlspace. Outdoor waterproofing is generally less expensive. It involves installing exterior drains and creating physical barriers between your foundation and lawn.
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Make sure your home's gutters and downspouts are properly installed and direct water away from your foundation to avoid water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation consistently, especially during dry spells, to prevent shrinking and expansion.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to slope away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and minimizing the risk of foundation issues.
- Keep an eye on your foundation for signs of damage, and address any issues immediately.
Are there telltale signs I should avoid a particular foundation company?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.