Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard companies offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and make repairs to other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services as part of their packages. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which provider you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different companies, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Cleanings at least twice a year are essential to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, small particles, leaves, and grit from shingles, can accumulate and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to climb a ladder yourself.
Gutter guard companies offer different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, screen different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others charge individually for gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different service offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing:Gutter guard providers might have to maintain business licensing according to Texas and Denton regulations. They should also carry workers’ compensation insurance and general liability coverage to protect staff and clients. Reach out to your local government to learn more about what's required, and verify a company is in compliance before signing any contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Yelp, Trustpilot, Better Business Bureau, social media, and Google Reviews are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $424 and $3,616 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter length and width, time of year, home size, and accessibility determine pricing for the project.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Denton. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding per-foot rate.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Denton
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I may run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.