Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete suite of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also provide cleaning services for and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive service plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards need professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services as part of their packages. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. Companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different installers, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutter systems besides their own products.
Most homeowners dislike gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least two times a year. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, and shingle grit, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer routine cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a specified time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will offer single rates for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different service offerings and expertise levels. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company experienced with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Many top providers have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, contact your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for assessing any home services company. Sites such as Yelp, social media, the Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, and Google Reviews provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $423 and $3,612. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your fascia, roof, and foundation. Factors such as gutter length and width, home size, accessibility, and time of year impact the final quoted price.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Corpus Christi. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot rate by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Corpus Christi
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.