Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to keep your furnace working efficiently and effectively. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, such as a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems like damaged heat exchangers, faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, or possible gas leaks. Furnace repair companies can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and making sure all components work properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You might need a new system if yours is past repair or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient option such as a heat pump. Your technician first assesses your heating needs and home’s layout before recommending a furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC installer can integrate a new system with your existing air ducts and thermostat, and they should follow industry standards and safety protocol for proper furnace replacement and connection. After installation, your technician will perform one last inspection to make sure your furnace runs properly.
You should schedule an inspection by a furnace repair company if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During the inspection, a technician will look at each of the furnace's components to identify possible causes. Inspections usually include cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, and examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage. Annual inspections of this type facilitate optimal heating system performance, help avoid potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during the colder months. A technician will verify your system's efficiency and safety and make the necessary repairs.
If your furnace breaks down in winter, some furnace repair companies have emergency repair services to get your heat back up and running as soon as possible. These services are available around the clock for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns. Emergency services might cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. If your furnace fails during extreme weather, and you can't open windows for fresh air, it can lead to discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Corpus Christi Furnace Repair Service
There are several important considerations to keep in mind when choosing a local Corpus Christi furnace repair company. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing multiple Corpus Christi furnace repair providers to look for the best service offerings and prices. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but avoid companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties offer you peace of mind should issues arise post-repair. Reliable furnace repair companies should back their work with warranties or guarantees for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the appropriate licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Texas must obtain a contractor's license from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Find out what qualifications and experience a furnace repair company has. Your service provider should employ technicians that are well-trained and have experience with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training policies to make sure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Browse online testimonials and reviews to learn more about a company's reputation. Generally positive feedback is indicative of quality services. You can also learn about a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses complaints and other negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but on average expect to spend around $393 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $75–$376
- Cleaning: $45–$60
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,503–$2,630
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$113
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$83
- Filter change: $30–$113
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Corpus Christi
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.