Common Types of Air Conditioners
There are a few different varieties of air conditioners on the Corpus Christi market. While HVAC contractors can work with most types, knowing which one you have will streamline your company hunt.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They offer silent operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name implies, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer individual room temperature control, higher energy efficiency, and flexible installation options.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Corpus Christi apartments, condos, and townhomes. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users deploy their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
How to Choose Your Corpus Christi AC Repair Service
You likely want a swift resolution for your air conditioner's problem. However, before recruiting a repair company, it's important to carefully investigate how well it fits your home's needs. Here are a few essential steps to follow. With Corpus Christi's sweltering heat, AC problems are urgent to fix for your comfort and safety. However, don't rush to sign a contract until you know a company is the best fit for you. We recommend following these steps in your research.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Texas' Department of Licensing & Regulation issues Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Contractor licenses to both companies and technicians. Applicants for a contractor license must meet apprenticeship requirements unless they hold a technician license, trade school diploma, mechanical engineering degree, or relevant military service experience.
You should also verify a company has sufficient liability insurance coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if mishaps arise during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Read customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits businesses that handle complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair businesses to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a provider if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We advise getting at least three different estimates to find the best pricing and offerings. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about manufacturer warranties, permitting fees, emergency repair availability and installer guarantees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Corpus Christi
What's the cost of an AC repair job in Corpus Christi?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Common Repair||Average Cost|
|Clogged air filter||$84–$201|
|Frozen condenser coils||$280–$1122|
|Fan or air blower issues||$504–$729|