Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full suite of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have easy DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a one-piece system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over the seasons, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different contractors, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Cleanings at least twice a year are vital to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, grit from shingles, leaves, and small particles, can collect and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to climb a ladder yourself.
Warranties differ between gutter guard installers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a defined time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to an entire seamless gutter system, assess your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses quote an all-inclusive price for full gutter installation. Others charge separately for work such as fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different level of expertise. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to secure licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, contact your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, check a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to judge a home services company is to read customer comments. Look at the company's profile on Google Reviews, Trustpilot, social media, Better Business Bureau, and Yelp to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative reviews, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $477 to $3,881 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your foundation, fascia, and roof from water damage. Variables such as gutter time of year, length and width, home size, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Carrollton. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, calculate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Carrollton
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.