Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above providers offer a full suite of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and custom-cut on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home is multi-story.
Sudden temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each company about its repair policies and packages. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most Burleson residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still vital to do it at least twice a year. When pine needles, leaves, shingle grit, or small particles gather, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a gently sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or need a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from more than one provider so you can compare prices. Some contractors will quote a single price for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for gutter guard installation, maintenance services, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, the combination of summer rainstorms and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Texas may have to hold workers comp coverage, liability insurance, and business licenses according to local regulations. Reach out to the Burleson government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, Yelp, social media, and Trustpilot to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative feedback, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $437 and $3,683 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter accessibility, home size, length and width, and time of year determine pricing for the project.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Burleson. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Burleson
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.