Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Local furnace repair providers offer a number of services to keep your furnace running efficiently. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Professional and timely repairs can restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals are trained to handle broken blower motors, clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, and more. Your technician can diagnose and repair these and other issues to keep your furnace working effectively. A qualified HVAC technician can also handle issues such as possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, or malfunctioning thermostats. Your furnace repair professional can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will ensure that all components function properly by inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, and lubricating moving parts.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. Skilled technicians will first assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend the most suitable furnace model based on your budget and home requirements. Professional HVAC technicians practice industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate a new system with your existing air ducts and thermostats. Your provider will complete one last inspection following installation to make sure your furnace runs optimally.
You need an inspection if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During this inspection, a technician will examine every part of the furnace to look for potential causes. The inspection typically includes cleaning and replacing air filters, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. Your technician will verify the heating system's efficiency and safety, making necessary adjustments or repairs. Regular yearly furnace tune-ups facilitate peak performance, help prevent potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during colder months.
Emergency furnace repair services help with unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. Many providers offer these 24/7 services to get your system up and running promptly outside of normal business hours. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can lead to serious discomfort and health risks from decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather conditions when it's not possible to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Austin Furnace Repair Service
You have a number of factors to consider when selecting a local Austin furnace repair provider. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Compare service offerings and prices among several Austin furnace repair companies. Look for competitive and transparent pricing while avoiding extremely low-cost options. Abnormally low prices may indicate that a company is making up the difference by compromising material or workmanship quality.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair provider about any warranties or guarantees it offers. Reputable service providers offer these guarantees to protect customers in case of any issues post-repair. Guarantees can cover both parts and workmanship.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the necessary licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Texas must obtain a contractor's license from the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Find out what qualifications and experience a furnace repair company has. Your service provider should employ technicians that are well-trained and have experience with various furnace makes and models. You can inquire about a company's training policies to ensure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials often paint a picture of a company's reputation and commitment to customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews and experiences, and pay attention to the way it addresses negative feedback or complaints.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair depends on multiple factors, including HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the cost of replacement parts. The average furnace repair costs $462, but your total price depends on the situation. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $83–$417
- Cleaning: $50–$67
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,670–$2,922
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$125
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$92
- Filter change: $33–$125
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Austin
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.