Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Along with fitting and inspecting gutter guards, many of the above companies provide a complete range of services. Extras such as cleaning and repairs are often included in a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
Most gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature easy DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter offer installation services. Stainless steel and aluminum micro-mesh gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard professionals offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and best results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Debris buildup over the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most Arlington residents don't look forward to gutter cleaning, but it's still essential to do it at least twice a year. When leaves, pine needles, shingle grit, or small particles build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a low sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard installers offer different warranties covering materials, labor, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, sometimes lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, typically 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different experience level. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a solid warranty plan.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Texas may have to maintain business licenses, liability insurance, and workers comp coverage according to local regulations. Reach out to the Arlington government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Customer reviews are your most valuable resource when evaluating a home service company. Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, Google Reviews, Yelp, and social media are excellent sources to consult.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $441 to $3,701 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your foundation, roof, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter home size, length and width, time of year, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Arlington. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, calculate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Arlington
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.