Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Some gutter guard companies offer full gutter replacement. Others, such as LeafGuard, offer seamless systems combining gutters with protective mesh. No matter which brand you choose, technicians will measure and cut each part of your new gutter system on-site. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, hangers, end caps, and other components in one package. You could choose to purchase gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Debris buildup over the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most Amarillo residents dislike gutter cleaning, but it's still vital to do it at least twice a year. When pine needles, leaves, small particles, or shingle grit accumulate, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a gently sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies typically include warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want an entire gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different offerings and levels of expertise. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Many top providers offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a competitive warranty plan your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to secure licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer feedback to see how other homeowners rated their experience. Platforms such as Trustpilot, social media, Google Reviews, Yelp, and the Better Business Bureau can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $447 and $3,734. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your roof, foundation, and fascia. Factors such as gutter home size, time of year, length and width, and accessibility impact the final quoted price.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Amarillo. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot rate by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Amarillo
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.