Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Spring Hill
Foundation issues have multiple possible causes. Here are the top ones for Spring Hill residents:
- Standing water: Pooling water around your home can harm your foundation, especially when it gathers in areas your gutter system doesn't reach.
- Improper modifications: Landscaping or roofing work that wasn't completed to standard could result in your foundation settling.
- Aging plumbing: While many Spring Hill homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Soil composition: Soil with large sand or clay concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Spring Hill experiences, the soil soaks up moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction stresses nearby foundations, even if the foundations stay dry.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can enter a home's foundation through crevices, and may exert pressure that causes your foundation fracturing, pipes being damaged, and overall structural deterioration.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's foundation is essential to its stability, so it's important to work with a quality foundation repair firm. Evaluate each provider using the following factors:
Licensing and Experience
In Tennessee, foundation work has its own residential building contractor license classification. Any company that performs foundation work valued at over $25,000 must have a license, no matter whether it is a primary contractor or subcontractor. You can also get a sense of a company's experience through the details its representatives share. Inquire about its inspection processes, local code requirements, permit-pulling procedures, and fees.
One of the most effective ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to explore its website. Look for the company's history and what credentials its team holds. Many prominent companies provide educational content for prospective customers.
When you're researching a company's standing, visit its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its rating and a list of customer reviews, both positive experiences and complaints. Negative feedback doesn't mean a contractor is bad news. BBB reviews show how the company addressed complaints. It's a positive sign if the company has resolved issues appropriately and proactively. You should avoid a company with many negative reviews, no credentials, and no communication regarding issues.
Foundation Repair Cost in Spring Hill
The cost of foundation repair can vary substantially based on the extent of the problems and what needs to be done to fix them. For minor foundation fissuring and settling issues, you may pay as little as $1,900. However, if there is quite substantial deterioration, the typical cost will be around $3,700. More complex jobs involving excavation, helical piers, or extensive concrete leveling could run you $7,100. Below are the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Spring Hill
How much does foundation repair cost in Spring Hill?
What are the different types of foundations in Spring Hill?
How long does foundation repair usually take?
Are there any warranties or guarantees provided with Spring Hill foundation repair services?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.