Common Types of Air Conditioners
By knowing which type of air conditioner you have, you'll feel more empowered in your provider search. Murfreesboro HVAC professionals have experience with different AC makes and models, and they can adapt their skills to your needs.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They provide silent operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Window-mounted ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Murfreesboro condos, townhomes, and apartments. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users install their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer individual room temperature control, flexible installation options, and higher energy efficiency.
How to Choose Your Murfreesboro AC Repair Service
With Murfreesboro's scorching heat, AC problems are urgent to fix for your comfort and safety. However, don't rush to sign a contract until you know a company is the best fit for you. We recommend following these steps in your research.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
In Tennessee, licensed prime contractors can perform HVAC jobs valued at $25,000 or more. For projects less than $25,000, a company will usually need a Limited Licensed Electrician credential. They also need to subcontract electrical work and permit-pulling to a licensed electrician.
You should also confirm a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if something gets damaged during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits contractors that resolve complaints professionally and honor their warranties.
It's normal for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a provider if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different companies for the best value. A good estimate should factor in additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about manufacturer warranties, the emergency repair process, and installer guarantees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Murfreesboro
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Murfreesboro?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
How often should Murfreesboro homeowners have their AC systems serviced?
When is the best time to replace an AC unit?
Why should I hire an HVAC professional? Couldn't I repair my air conditioner myself?
How many years until I should replace my AC unit?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.