Common Types of Air Conditioners
HVAC technicians have the expertise to service most air conditioner types, but knowing more about what you have can be beneficial. Below, we'll explain each of the common AC units.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Murfreesboro condos, townhomes, and apartments. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users set up their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They offer peaceful operation, enhanced efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer individual room temperature control, flexible installation options, and higher energy efficiency.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
How to Choose Your Murfreesboro AC Repair Service
With the sweltering Murfreesboro heat, AC issues are urgent to fix. However, to get the best possible outcome, it's critical to investigate different HVAC companies first. We recommend adhering to these steps as you prepare. While you might want to resolve your AC issue quickly, you should carefully investigate what's out there before signing a contract with a repair service. Take the following steps to ensure you find the most suitable company for your home.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
In Tennessee, licensed prime contractors can perform HVAC jobs valued at $25,000 or more. For projects less than $25,000, a company will usually need a Limited Licensed Electrician credential. They also need to subcontract electrical work and permit-pulling to a licensed electrician.
You should also check a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if something gets damaged during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits businesses that respond to complaints professionally and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a business if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different companies for the best value. A good estimate should consider additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about the emergency repair process, manufacturer warranties, and installer guarantees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Murfreesboro
What's the cost of an AC repair job in Murfreesboro?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Common Repair||Average Cost|
|Clogged air filter||$75–$182|
|Frozen condenser coils||$253–$1013|
|Fan or air blower issues||$455–$658|