Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Mount Juliet
A few factors can lead to foundation issues. These are the most common ones for Mount Juliet residents:
- Soil composition: Soil with large clay or sand concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Mount Juliet gets, the soil absorbs moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction stresses nearby foundations, even if the foundations stay dry.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't done properly could lead to your foundation settling.
- Aging plumbing: While many Mount Juliet homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start eroding, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Standing water: Standing water around your home can be a menace to your foundation's integrity, especially when it gathers in areas your gutter system doesn't reach.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's stability relies on its foundation. It's vital to select the top professionals possible. Focus your research on these features:
Licensing and Experience
In Tennessee, foundation work has its own residential building contractor license classification. Any company that performs foundation work valued at over $25,000 must have a license, no matter whether it is a primary contractor or subcontractor. To further understand your contractor's experience, we recommend asking questions about what local codes apply to your project, how its team will draft plans and pull permits, and how the company inspects foundations.
Another way to measure a company's reputation is to check its website. There, you can learn how long it's been in business and its trade accreditations. It might also share insights and knowledge through blog posts, podcasts, or videos.
When you're researching a company's standing, head to its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its rating and a list of customer reviews, both positive experiences and complaints. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. Instead, discover how a company manages them. If the management team consistently and proactively resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, shows more negative reviews than positive ones, and doesn't communicate well, you should avoid working with it.
Finally, we encourage you to search different websites, like Trustpilot and Google, for other reviews.
Foundation Repair Cost in Mount Juliet
The cost of foundation repair can vary substantially based on the extent of the problems and what needs to be done to fix them. For minor foundation cracking and settling concerns, you may pay as little as $1,900. However, if there is considerable destruction, the normal cost will be around $3,400. More complex jobs involving excavation, helical piers, or major concrete leveling could run you $7,000. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Mount Juliet
How much does foundation repair cost in Mount Juliet?
Is foundation repair covered under my homeowners insurance?
Do Mount Juliet foundation repair companies offer warranties or guarantees?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Ensure your home's gutters and downspouts are properly installed and direct water away from your foundation to prevent water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation consistently, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to slope away from your foundation, encouraging water drainage and reducing the risk of foundation issues.
- Check your foundation for signs of damage, and fix any issues promptly.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.