Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard companies offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also clean and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature easy DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter offer installation services. Stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Debris buildup over time can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as pine needles, shingle grit, and leaves, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties are frequently longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a set time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to an entire seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others invoice separately for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying skill levels. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Downpours in the summer and ice dams in the winter can wear on your gutter system over time. Many top providers offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to secure licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, contact your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, check a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer ratings to see how other homeowners rated their service. Platforms such as Yelp, Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, Trustpilot, and social media can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $433 and $3,663. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your fascia, foundation, and roof. Factors such as gutter home size, accessibility, time of year, and length and width impact the final quoted price.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Knoxville. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Knoxville
Should I add gutter guards to a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle any size of debris?
What are some problems I may encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.