Common Types of Air Conditioners
There are a few different types of air conditioners on the Hendersonville market. While HVAC contractors can work with most types, knowing which one you have will ease your company search.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They offer quiet operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools air from outside, purifies it, and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer flexible installation options, individual room temperature control, and higher energy efficiency.
- Window-mounted ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Hendersonville condos, apartments, and townhomes. These compact, affordable units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users set up their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name implies, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
How to Choose Your Hendersonville AC Repair Service
With the intense Hendersonville heat, AC issues are urgent to fix. However, to get the best possible outcome, it's critical to investigate different HVAC companies first. We recommend adhering to these steps as you prepare.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
In Tennessee, licensed prime contractors can perform HVAC jobs valued at $25,000 or more. For projects less than $25,000, a company will usually need a Limited Licensed Electrician credential. They also need to subcontract electrical work and permit-pulling to a licensed electrician.
You should also verify a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if accidents happen during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits businesses that resolve complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair providers to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a business if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different providers for the best value. A good estimate should include additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about the emergency repair process, manufacturer warranties, and installer guarantees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Hendersonville
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Hendersonville?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
Is hiring an HVAC company better than doing the repair on my own?
How long is my air conditioner's lifespan? When should I consider a replacement?
My HVAC problem is urgent. How quickly could a company respond?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.