Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive service agreement.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. If you're installing new gutters, consider stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards as the highest quality options. You can also select reverse-curve guards or PVC screens depending on the company. Each material has a different life span and resilience against the elements.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a two-story or taller home, we recommend it to give you peace of mind.
Debris buildup over time can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most Columbia residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still essential to do it at least twice a year. When leaves, shingle grit, small particles, or pine needles build up, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a mildly sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies typically provide warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Whether you're scheduling a downspout repair or replacing your gutters with an integrated system, it's crucial to vet each company on your shortlist. Look over the points below and ask any questions you have.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses provide a bundled quote for full gutter installation. Others charge separately for work such as gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different expertise levels based on their experience and training. Look on each company's website for the services the team offers, and find a provider that offers what expertise you need.
- Guarantees: Summer storms and winter ice can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Numerous high-quality companies offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for assessing any home services company. Sites such as social media, Google Reviews, the Better Business Bureau, Yelp, and Trustpilot provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $421 and $3,598 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your fascia, roof, and foundation, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter accessibility, length and width, time of year, and home size determine pricing for the project.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Columbia. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your measurement.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Columbia
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block any size of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.