Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Local furnace repair providers offer a number of services to ensure your furnace runs efficiently. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and repair any issues with your furnace, including a clogged air filter, malfunctioning thermostat, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including damaged heat exchangers, possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, or malfunctioning thermostats. Furnace repair experts can also handle routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and generally making sure all components work properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if your furnace is beyond repair, or if you're planning on upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. Skilled technicians will first assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. They will also integrate the new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. After installation, the company does one last inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, you want to schedule a thorough inspection through a furnace repair provider. A technician will examine each component of your furnace to identify possible causes. Inspections normally include checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. The technician verifies the heating system's efficiency and safety, making necessary adjustments or repairs. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups ensure optimal performance, help avoid potential breakdowns, and promote safe living during colder months.
Some furnace repair providers also have emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can have it up and running again as quickly as possible. When a furnace fails during extreme weather, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can lead to serious discomfort and health risks due to poor indoor air quality. Though emergency services will cost more than scheduled services, protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Chattanooga Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for selecting a local Chattanooga furnace repair provider. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Look for a company that provides all the services you need, and that offers transparent and competitive pricing. Compare multiple Chattanooga furnace repair providers. Beware of ones that offer extremely low rates, as many employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair provider about any warranties or guarantees it offers. Reliable service providers offer these guarantees to protect customers if any issues arise post-repair. Guarantees can cover both parts and workmanship.
- Licensing: Make sure the furnace repair servicer holds the required local and state licenses and certifications. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. In Tennessee, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. A company should employ well-trained technicians who have experience with various furnace makes and models. You can inquire about a company's training policies to ensure they stay on top of the latest industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Check online testimonials and reviews to learn more about a provider's reputation. Overall positive reviews are indicative of quality services. You can also learn about a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by seeing how it addresses complaints and other negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the type of HVAC unit, extent of the damage, and cost of replacement parts. Furnace repair costs $436 on average, although the prices can vary depending on your situation. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $80–$402
- Cleaning: $48–$64
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,608–$2,813
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$121
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$88
- Filter change: $32–$121
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Chattanooga
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.