Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Brentwood
A home in Brentwood might experience foundation issues for multiple reasons. Some are unique to the local environment, while others are prevalent nationwide. They include:
- Standing water: Water accumulation around your home can be menacing to your foundation, especially when it gathers in areas your drainage system doesn't reach.
- Aging plumbing: While many Brentwood homes are fairly new, some still use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't completed properly could result in your foundation settling.
- Soil composition: Soil with large sand or clay concentrations is highly expansive. In the heavy rainfall Brentwood experiences, the soil soaks up moisture like a sponge, then releases it in dry seasons. The constant expansion and contraction presses against nearby foundations, even if the foundations stay dry.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can intrude into a home's foundation through cracks, and may apply force that leads to your foundation breaking, pipes leaking, and overall structural weakening.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Your home's foundation is crucial to its stability, so it's important to work with a reliable foundation repair contractor. Assess each contractor using the following criteria:
Licensing and Experience
In Tennessee, foundation work has its own residential building contractor license classification. Any company that performs foundation work valued at over $25,000 must have a license, no matter whether it is a primary contractor or subcontractor. To further understand your contractor's experience, we recommend asking questions about how its team will draft plans and pull permits, how the company inspects foundations, and what local codes apply to your project.
Contractor websites are some of the best places to do your research. Usually, a company will disclose how long it's been in the industry. It might also publish articles to help interested parties.
When you're researching a company's reputation, visit its Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile. There, you can find its rating and a list of customer reviews, both positive experiences and complaints. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. Instead, discover how a company manages them. If the management team consistently and proactively resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, has an abundance of negative feedback, and doesn't communicate properly, you should avoid working with it.
Lastly, we encourage you to search additional sites, like Trustpilot and Google, for additional feedback.
Foundation Repair Cost in Brentwood
The cost of foundation repair can vary substantially based on the extent of the problems and what needs to be done to fix them. For minor foundation fracturing and settling concerns, you may pay as little as $1,900. However, if there is quite substantial damage, the typical cost will be around $3,700. More complex jobs involving tunneling, helical piers, or major concrete leveling could run you $7,100. See below the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Brentwood
How much does foundation repair cost in Brentwood?
Is foundation repair covered under my homeowners insurance?
Are there any warranties or guarantees provided with Brentwood foundation repair services?
What are some "red flags" indicating a foundation company to avoid?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.