Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can employ a local furnace repair provider for a number of services that help keep your furnace running efficiently. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Professional and timely repairs will restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair experts can diagnose and fix any common furnace issues. These include clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, damaged heat exchangers, and possible gas leaks. Your furnace repair provider can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to help avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Your technician will make sure all components function properly by inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, and replacing air filters.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace. You might want a new system if yours is beyond repair or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient option such as a heat pump. Your technician will first assess your home's layout and heating needs before recommending the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. They will also integrate your new system with your existing thermostats and air ducts. After installation, the company does one last inspection to ensure the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
You should schedule an inspection with a furnace repair company if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During the inspection, a technician will look at every component of your furnace to identify potential problems. The inspection normally includes examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and cleaning and replacing air filters. A technician will check the heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Yearly furnace inspections and tune-ups encourage optimal performance and help avoid potential breakdowns, which promotes a safe living environment during chilly winters.
If your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night, some furnace repair companies provide emergency repair services to get your system up and running promptly. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, and other safety concerns. Emergency services might cost more than scheduled services, but it's worth it to protect your health. If your furnace fails during extreme weather conditions, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can cause discomfort and serious health risks due to decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Philadelphia Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for choosing a local Philadelphia furnace repair company. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: We recommend comparing several Philadelphia furnace repair providers to find the best service offerings and prices. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but avoid companies that offer extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Check for guarantees or warranties provided by your furnace repair service. A trustworthy company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on parts and repair work. This provides peace of mind knowing you can rely on your service provider if any issues arise after repairs.
- Licensing: You want to use a furnace repair provider that holds all the appropriate licenses and certifications. In Pennsylvania, your HVAC contractor must obtain certification from your local city or municipal government. Proper licensing ensures that technicians are qualified to safely handle furnace repairs.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians should be well-trained and have expertise in various furnace makes and models. Ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a company is up to date with the latest repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: You can learn about a company's reputation by checking online reviews and testimonials. A strong positive reputation is a likely indicator of quality services. Pay attention to how the provider addresses complaints or negative feedback, as this reflects its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Certain factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and price of replacement parts. On average, furnace repair costs $485, though prices vary depending on your situation. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $86–$431
- Cleaning: $52–$69
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,724–$3,017
- Damaged blower bearings: $26–$129
- Damaged blower belt: $26–$95
- Filter change: $34–$129
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Philadelphia
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.