Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides various services to keep your system working efficiently and effectively. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair companies can diagnose and repair any furnace issue, including a malfunctioning thermostat, clogged air filter, or broken blower motor. Qualified HVAC technicians examine and fix individual problems including damaged heat exchangers, faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, or possible gas leaks. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and making sure all components function properly.
Your HVAC provider can help you upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. If your system is beyond repair, they can also help install an entire new furnace. Your technician will begin by assessing your home's layout and heating needs. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. HVAC technicians follow safety protocols and standards set by the industry to ensure correct furnace replacement and connection. They can also integrate the new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. Following installation, the company performs one last inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
You need an inspection if you notice that your furnace isn’t turning on. During this inspection, a technician will examine every part of your furnace to look for possible problems. Inspections typically include inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. Yearly inspections of this kind facilitate optimal heating system performance, help prevent possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters. Your technician will verify your system's efficiency and safety and make the necessary repairs.
If your furnace breaks down on a cold winter night, furnace repair companies may have emergency repair services to get your system up and running quickly. These services are available around the clock for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, and other safety concerns. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks due to reduced indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown happens during extreme weather and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services might be more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Salem Furnace Repair Service
There are a number of important considerations for selecting a local Salem furnace repair provider. We go over some important factors below.
- Cost: Compare pricing and services offered by several Salem furnace repair providers. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising the quality of work or materials.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties provide peace of mind if issues arise post-repair. Reliable furnace repair companies should stand behind their work with guarantees or warranties for both workmanship and any replacement parts.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair company possesses all necessary licenses and certifications. This ensures that its technicians are qualified and trained to safely handle furnace repairs. HVAC contractors in Oregon must obtain a contractor's license from the Oregon Building Codes Division.
- Qualifications: Check a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians should be well-trained and have expertise in various furnace makes and models. You can ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a company is up to date with the latest repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Online reviews and customer testimonials often paint a picture of a provider's reputation and focus on customer satisfaction. Choose a company with overall positive reviews, and pay attention to how it addresses complaints and negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Furnace repair costs vary based on several factors. These include the extent of the damage, the type of HVAC unit, and the price of replacement parts. The average homeowner pays around $461 for furnace repair, although your total cost may vary. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $83–$416
- Cleaning: $50–$67
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,665–$2,914
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$125
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$92
- Filter change: $33–$125
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Salem
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.