Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair companies provide various services to keep your furnace working effectively and efficiently. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore furnace function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Your furnace repair provider can diagnose and repair a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, clogged air filters, and malfunctioning thermostats. Qualified HVAC technicians are also experienced in tackling problems such as malfunctioning thermostats, faulty ignitions, possible gas leaks, and damaged heat exchangers. Furnace experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and making sure all components function correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or you're planning on upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. Skilled technicians will first assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, they recommend the most suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. Professional HVAC technicians practice industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. They can integrate a new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts. They'll complete one last inspection after installation to ensure your furnace runs optimally.
You need an inspection if you discover that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect each part of your furnace to look for possible issues. The inspection typically includes examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, inspecting the burner and ignition system, testing the thermostat's accuracy, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. The technician verifies the heating system's safety and efficiency while making the necessary adjustments or repairs. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups ensure optimal performance, help prevent possible breakdowns, and promote safe living during cold winters.
Emergency furnace repair services can help with unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or safety concerns. Many companies offer these around-the-clock services to help get your system up and running promptly any time of the day or night. Emergency services may be more expensive than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health. If your furnace fails during extreme weather conditions, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can cause serious discomfort and health risks from the decreased indoor air quality.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Portland Furnace Repair Service
You have a number of factors to consider when choosing a local Portland furnace repair provider. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Look for transparent and competitive pricing, and make sure you find a company that offers all the services you need. Compare several Portland furnace repair providers. Avoid ones with extremely low rates, as many employ low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Check for guarantees or warranties offered by the furnace repair provider. A reputable company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on parts and repair work. This provides peace of mind knowing you can depend on the service provider if any issues arise after repairs.
- Licensing: HVAC contractors in Oregon must obtain a contractor's license from the Oregon Building Codes Division. It's important to hire a furnace repair provider that is properly licensed and certified to ensure that your technician is trained and qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. A company should employ well-trained technicians who have experience with various furnace makes and models. Ask about a company's training policies to make sure they're up to date on industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Look at online reviews and customer testimonials to get an idea of a company's reputation. Generally positive feedback is indicative of quality services. You can also confirm a company's commitment to customer satisfaction by looking at how it addresses complaints and other negative feedback.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
A number of factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the type of HVAC unit, extent of the damage, and price of replacement parts. On average, furnace repair costs $502, although this varies depending on your situation. Below are some common furnace repairs and their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $88–$441
- Cleaning: $53–$71
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,765–$3,088
- Damaged blower bearings: $26–$132
- Damaged blower belt: $26–$97
- Filter change: $35–$132
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Portland
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.