Common Types of Air Conditioners
HVAC technicians have the expertise to service most air conditioner varieties, but knowing more about what you have can be beneficial. Below, we'll explain each of the common AC models.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer flexible installation options, higher energy efficiency, and individual room temperature control.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They offer peaceful operation, enhanced efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Gresham apartments, townhomes, and condos. These compact, affordable units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users set up their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
How to Choose Your Gresham AC Repair Service
You likely want a swift resolution for your air conditioner's problem. However, before hiring a repair company, it's important to take the time to research if they're ideal for your dwelling. Here are a few essential steps to follow.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
The Oregon Building Codes Division issues multiple different HVAC licenses depending on the scope of a company's work. Companies with less experience or who primarily subcontract might hold a limited license, while the most experienced will hold a specialty license.
Many states and cities also require companies to carry liability insurance. Even if your community doesn't require it, we still recommend choosing an insured company. This will protect you if an accident happens or something gets damaged.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits contractors that respond to complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair providers to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a company if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We recommend getting contacting at least three different companies to find the best cost and services. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about installer guarantees, emergency repair availability, manufacturer warranties and permitting fees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Gresham
What's the cost of an AC repair job in Gresham?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
How do I know if my air conditioning system needs repair?
What do I do if my AC is running but not cooling?
Is hiring an HVAC company better than doing the repair on my own?
What industry certifications should I look for when researching Gresham AC repair companies?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.