Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many of the above companies offer a full range of services beyond gutter guards. These often include gutter cleaning and repair services, covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards demand professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter offer installation services as part of their packages. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard companies offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, downspouts, end caps, and other components in one package. Gutter companies usually won't force you to get professional installation with your new gutters. However, if you have a multi-story home, we recommend it so your system can work to its full potential.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can damage gutters. Ask each provider about different repair options and policies during the estimate process. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they mounted themselves.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it regularly. Debris, such as leaves, shingle grit, and pine needles, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Gutter guard installers have different warranties covering labor, materials, or both. Material warranties tend to be longer, at times lasting through the product's life span. Installer warranties can cover upkeep for a certain timeframe, commonly 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will quote package deals for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for fascia board replacement, gutter guard installation, and gutter cleaning.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different level of expertise. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that aligns with what services you need.
- Guarantees: The effects of summer downpours, coupled with wintertime freezing, can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into comprehensive warranty coverage for your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Oklahoma may have to hold workers comp coverage, liability insurance, and business licenses according to local regulations. Contact the Tulsa government to learn specifics, and verify that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for assessing any home services company. Sites such as Yelp, Trustpilot, social media, the Better Business Bureau, and Google Reviews provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $389 to $3,438 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your fascia, roof, and foundation from water damage. Variables such as gutter time of year, accessibility, length and width, and home size will determine the total project cost.
This table lists the average cost per foot for the most popular gutter guard types in Tulsa. To get a rough idea of your specific costs, find the material you want in the table. Then, calculate your gutter network's total length excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the cost per foot rate in the table.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Tulsa
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards block all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.