Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full range of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
Although the majority of gutter guard types and models need professional installation, some DIY gutter guards are available on Amazon. Some national gutter guard companies such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation with their products. Two high-quality gutter guard options include fine stainless steel mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes hangers, end caps, downspouts, and other components in one package. While gutter guard providers will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home has more than one floor.
Standing water, debris, and extreme temperature changes can make gutters less effective. Ask each company about different repair options and policies as you get quotes. Some gutter companies will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Most homeowners aren't fond of gutter cleaning, but it's essential to do it at least twice a year. Debris, such as pine needles, shingle grit, and leaves, can build up and cause more nagging issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer periodic cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard installers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a defined time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to a complete seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Request quotes from multiple different contractors so you can compare prices. Some companies will give flat fees for comprehensive gutter installation, while others bill separately for gutter guard installation, gutter cleaning, and fascia board replacement.
- Expertise: Each gutter guard installer has a different level of expertise. Look at a company's website to see the services it offers, and find a provider that matches what services you need.
- Guarantees: Over time, summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system. Numerous reputable companies have warranty plans extending 10-plus years. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, find a gutter system with a competitive warranty.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to obtain licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, verify a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also confirm a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer feedback to see how other homeowners rated their service. Platforms such as Trustpilot, Yelp, the Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, and social media can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect to pay between $389 and $3,438 for new gutter guards. Gutter guard costs can be high, but the long-term benefits might be worth the money. Installing them can prevent water damage to your roof, fascia, and foundation, thus reducing maintenance costs over your home's life. Gutter time of year, home size, length and width, and accessibility determine pricing for the project.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Moore. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Moore
Should I use gutter guards for my rain collection system?
Can I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.