Common Types of Air Conditioners
By knowing which type of air conditioner you have, you'll feel more empowered in your company search. Midwest City HVAC professionals have experience with different AC makes and models, and they can customize their skills to your needs.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, flexible installation options, and individual room temperature control.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Midwest City apartments, townhomes, and condos. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users deploy their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name implies, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They provide peaceful operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools air from outside, purifies it, and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
How to Choose Your Midwest City AC Repair Service
While you might want to resolve your AC issue quickly, you should carefully investigate what's out there before hiring a repair service. Take the following steps to ensure you find the top-rated company for your home.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Oklahoma HVAC companies must be licensed mechanical contractors. The state Construction Industries Board outlines multiple different paths to licensure, which always include a trade exam and field experience requirements.
You should also verify a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if something gets damaged during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits contractors that handle complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's normal for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a company if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different companies for the best value. A good estimate should consider additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about the emergency repair process, manufacturer warranties, and installer guarantees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Midwest City
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Midwest City?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
What are some signs that I should call an HVAC repair company?
When is the best time to replace an AC unit?
How many years until I should replace my AC unit?
What industry certifications should I look for when researching Midwest City AC repair companies?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.