Common Types of Air Conditioners
HVAC technicians have the expertise to service most air conditioner types, but knowing more about what you have can be beneficial. Below, we'll outline each of the common AC models.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools air from outside, purifies it, and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Enid condos, apartments, and townhomes. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users deploy their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They offer silent operation, enhanced efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer flexible installation options, individual room temperature control, and higher energy efficiency.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name implies, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for apartments, condos, or individual rooms.
How to Choose Your Enid AC Repair Service
With the intense Enid heat, AC issues are top priority to fix. However, to get the best possible outcome, it's critical to thoroughly research different HVAC companies first. We recommend adhering to these steps as you prepare.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Oklahoma HVAC companies must be licensed mechanical contractors. The state Construction Industries Board outlines multiple different paths to licensure, which always include a trade exam and field experience requirements.
Many states and cities also require companies to carry liability insurance. Even if your community doesn't require it, we still recommend choosing an insured company. This will protect you if an accident happens or something gets damaged.
Read Customer Reviews
Check customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes businesses that handle complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's normal for even the best AC repair businesses to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a provider if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different companies for the best value. A good estimate should list additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about installer guarantees, manufacturer warranties, and the emergency repair process.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Enid
How much can I expect to pay for AC repair in Enid?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
How do I know if my air conditioning system needs repair?
How often should Enid homeowners have their AC systems serviced?
What month is best for getting an air conditioner replaced?
Should my HVAC company have a private accreditation?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.