Common Types of Air Conditioners
There are a few different types of air conditioners on the Broken Arrow market. While HVAC technicians can work with most types, knowing which one you have will ease your company hunt.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Broken Arrow apartments, townhomes, and condos. These compact, affordable units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users install their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name implies, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for apartments, condos, or individual rooms.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, individual room temperature control, and flexible installation options.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They offer quiet operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
How to Choose Your Broken Arrow AC Repair Service
You likely want a quick solution for your air conditioner's problem. However, before engaging with a repair company, it's important to do careful research to ensure it's the best for your home. Here are a few essential steps to follow. With the oppressive Broken Arrow heat, AC issues are top priority to fix. However, to get the best possible outcome, it's critical to thoroughly research different HVAC companies first. We recommend adhering to these steps as you prepare.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Oklahoma HVAC companies must be licensed mechanical contractors. The state Construction Industries Board outlines multiple different paths to licensure, which always include a trade exam and field experience requirements.
Many states and cities also require companies to carry liability insurance. Even if your community doesn't require it, we still recommend choosing an insured company. This will protect you if an accident happens or something gets damaged.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB accredits contractors that handle complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair providers to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a company if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
We recommend getting three or more estimates to find the best cost and services. Get a written copy of each quote, and learn more about installer guarantees, emergency repair availability, permitting fees and manufacturer warranties.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Broken Arrow
What's the cost of an AC repair job in Broken Arrow?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Common Repair||Average Cost|
|Clogged air filter||$82–$197|
|Frozen condenser coils||$273–$1095|
|Fan or air blower issues||$492–$711|