Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard companies often have a full portfolio of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include gutter cleaning and repair, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive warranty plan.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards need professional installation. However, there are some DIY gutter guard options on Amazon. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter provide installation services with their products. For new gutter systems, we recommend high-quality stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum guards. A few other options include reverse-curve gutter guards and PVC screens. Warranty coverage and efficacy will differ based on which gutter guard type you choose.
Many gutter guard installers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. While gutter companies will encourage you to get professional installation, it usually isn't required with the purchase of their products. We recommend professional installation if your home is multi-story.
Debris accumulation can lead to leaks over time, particularly if standing water pools in your gutters. As you get quotes from different installers, ask for information on repair policies. Some gutter companies won't repair other gutters besides their own products.
Most homeowners dread gutter cleaning, but it's crucial to do it regularly. Debris, such as leaves, shingle grit, and pine needles, can build up and cause more serious issues, especially on low-pitch roofs. Many companies will offer regular cleaning packages for newly-installed gutters.
Warranties differ between gutter guard providers, and may cover labor, materials, or both. Material warranties are often longer, sometimes lasting the product's lifetime. Installer warranties can cover maintenance for a set time, often 10-15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before you schedule a downspout fix or get a whole gutter system with guards installed, evaluate different companies in your area by following these steps.
- Cost: We recommend contacting various gutter guard companies for quotes. Some businesses provide a bundled quote for full gutter installation. Others invoice separately for work such as gutter cleaning, gutter guard installation, and fascia board replacement. Compare each estimate carefully, but don't make cost your only consideration.
- Expertise: Gutter companies have different service offerings and levels of expertise. Look on company websites for each team's services, and choose a company that has expertise with your home's specific situation.
- Guarantees: The combination of summer storms and cooler winter temperatures can wear on your gutter system over time. A number of top providers provide warranty coverage lasting 10 years or more. For regions with extreme weather, search for an all-inclusive warranty plan for your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: State and local governments frequently require gutter installers to secure licensure and insurance coverage. Before you sign a contract, get in touch with your local government to ask about particular requirements. If licensure is required, check a company is in good standing on the issuing board's website. You should also verify a company's compliance with liability insurance and workers' comp regulations.
- Reputation and reviews: The best way to evaluate a home services company is to read customer reviews. Look at the company's profile on social media, Google Reviews, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, and Trustpilot to guide your decision. Each company will have both positive and negative ratings, so you should also evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $368 to $3,334 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your foundation, roof, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter time of year, accessibility, length and width, and home size will determine the total project cost.
In this table, we've listed the cost per foot rates for popular gutter guard types in Plain. To determine how much your gutter guards might cost, look for the material you want in the table. Then, multiply the cost per foot by your gutters' total linear footage. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Plain
Should I add gutter guards to my rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards handle all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I might encounter with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.