Common Types of Air Conditioners
By knowing which type of air conditioner you have, you'll feel more confident in your company search. Plain HVAC contractors have experience with different AC makes and models, and they can tailor their skills to your needs.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They provide quiet operation, improved energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and one or more indoor units, with no ductwork required. They offer individual room temperature control, flexible installation options, and higher energy efficiency.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name hints, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're preferred for apartments, condos, or individual rooms.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Plain townhomes, condos, and apartments. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users install their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
How to Choose Your Plain AC Repair Service
You likely want a quick solution for your air conditioner's problem. However, before engaging with a repair company, it's important to take the time to research if they're ideal for your dwelling. Here are a few essential steps to follow.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Ohio's Construction Industry Licensing Board licenses and regulates HVAC and refrigeration companies throughout the state. We recommend verifying a company's licensing information by visiting the Board's website.
You should also verify a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if something gets damaged during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Check customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes businesses that resolve complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's normal for even the best AC repair companies to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a company if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different providers for the best value. A good estimate should consider additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about installer guarantees, manufacturer warranties, and the emergency repair process.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Plain
What's the cost of an AC repair job in Plain?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
How often should Plain homeowners have their AC systems serviced?
Is hiring an HVAC company better than doing the repair on my own?
How long is my air conditioner's lifespan? When should I consider a replacement?
My HVAC problem is urgent. How quickly could a company respond?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.