Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Gutter guard providers often have a full range of services in addition to guard inspection and installation. Common services include cleaning and repairs, which are typically also covered by a comprehensive maintenance package.
Gutter Guard Installation
While most gutter guards need professional installation, others have straightforward DIY installation. Brands such as LeafGuard and LeafFilter include installation services as part of their packages. Two high-quality gutter guard options include stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum. You can also find reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Each product has different effectiveness against water and debris.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is particularly true if you choose a seamless system such as LeafGuard's, where the gutters already have built-in guards. Technicians will measure and trim each piece on-site to match your home's dimensions. Comprehensive gutter installation includes downspouts, end caps, hangers, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a two-story or taller home.
Debris buildup over the seasons can cause leaks, clogs, and standing water damage. During the estimate process, ask about the company’s repair policy. Some providers will only repair systems they installed themselves.
Cleanings at least twice a year are a must to maximize your gutters' life span. Debris, such as pine needles, leaves, small particles, and grit from shingles, can build up and lead to clogs, particularly on gently sloping roofs. Most companies offer annual cleaning packages so you won't have to do the cleaning yourself.
Gutter guard companies typically offer warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from provider to provider, but they could cover materials, installation labor, or both options. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Homeowners should conduct a thorough vetting process when evaluating a gutter guard company. Whether you're booking downspout repairs or want a full gutter system with gutter covers, review the following factors before you commit.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors give a flat rate for complete gutter installation. Others charge separately for fascia board replacement, gutter cleaning, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies provide different services and have varying expertise. Select a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides advertised on their website.
- Guarantees: Summer downpours and winter ice dams can wear on your gutter system over time. Numerous companies offer warranty plans that extend for 10 years or longer. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look for a warranty that thoroughly covers your gutters and gutter guards.
- Licensing: Home services companies in Ohio may have to maintain workers comp coverage, liability insurance, and business licenses according to local regulations. Reach out to the Parma government to learn specifics, and ensure that a company is in good legal standing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Finally, read customer feedback to see how other homeowners rated their service. Platforms such as social media, Trustpilot, the Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, and Yelp can give you a wealth of information. Companies usually have both positive and critical reviews, so be sure to evaluate how the team responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Expect an installation cost of $406 to $3,525 for new gutter guards. Initial gutter guard costs can be high, but the product will pay off long-term by protecting your roof, foundation, and fascia from water damage. Variables such as gutter time of year, home size, length and width, and accessibility will determine the total project cost.
The table lists the typical per-foot rates for the most widely used gutter guard types in Parma. For a rough idea of your specific costs, determine which material you'd like from the options. Then, measure your gutter system's total linear footage excluding downspouts. Multiply that measurement by the corresponding cost per foot.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Parma
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some issues I might run into with my gutter guards?
Does the size of my gutters affect the cost of gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.