Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer a number of services to keep your furnace working at maximum efficiency. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair providers can diagnose and repair a number of common furnace issues. These include malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, or broken blower motors. Qualified HVAC technicians can also handle problems such as possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, and damaged heat exchangers. Furnace experts can also perform routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. Regular maintenance involves inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and ensuring all components function properly.
HVAC companies can help install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for your budget and home requirements. Your HVAC professional can integrate your new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained on industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To ensure everything is running optimally, your technician will complete a final inspection following installation.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, schedule a thorough inspection through a furnace repair company. A technician will examine each of the furnace's components to look for potential issues. Inspections typically include examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. We recommend an annual inspection, during which a technician will verify your heating system's safety and efficiency and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular tune-ups help prevent breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Some furnace repair companies also have emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter, emergency services can get it up and running again as quickly as possible. Emergency services may be more expensive than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it. Furnace failure can cause serious discomfort and health risks due to reduced indoor air quality, especially if it breaks down during extreme weather conditions when it's not possible to open windows for fresh air.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Lorain Furnace Repair Service
You should consider several factors when selecting a local Lorain furnace repair service. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Compare pricing and services offered by several Lorain furnace repair companies. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Companies that offer services for abnormally low prices may make up the difference by compromising the quality of work or materials.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair provider about the guarantees or warranties it offers. Reputable service providers offer these guarantees to protect customers if any issues arise post-repair. Guarantees may cover both workmanship and parts.
- Licensing: Make sure the furnace repair servicer holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely. HVAC contractors in Ohio must obtain a contractor's license from the Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board.
- Qualifications: Check a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Ideally, technicians should be well-trained and have expertise in various furnace makes and models. Ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a provider keeps up with the latest repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Browse online reviews and testimonials from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also be mindful of how it addresses negative feedback. This can reveal a great deal about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair varies depending on factors including the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but expect to spend an average of $415 on furnace repair. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $78–$389
- Cleaning: $47–$62
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,556–$2,724
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$117
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$86
- Filter change: $31–$117
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Lorain
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.