Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides a number of services to keep your system working effectively. We’ve outlined the most common ones below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs not only restore your furnace's function, they also extend its lifespan and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair providers can handle a number of issues, such as broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, and clogged air filters. Qualified HVAC technicians also have the expertise to tackle problems like malfunctioning thermostats, damaged heat exchangers, possible gas leaks, and faulty ignitions. Furnace repair experts can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include jobs such as inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring that all components work correctly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair, or you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. Skilled technicians will first assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, they recommend the most suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure correct furnace replacement and connection. They also integrate your new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. Following installation, the company will complete a final inspection to ensure the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
If your furnace isn’t turning on, you want to schedule a thorough inspection through a furnace repair company. A technician will examine each component of your furnace to look for possible issues. Inspections typically include inspecting the burner and ignition system, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, cleaning and replacing air filters, and testing the thermostat's accuracy. Your technician will verify the heating system's efficiency and safety, making necessary repairs or adjustments. Routine, annual furnace tune-ups ensure optimal performance, help avoid potential breakdowns, and promote a safe living environment during cold winters.
Some furnace repair providers also have emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during the colder months, emergency services can get it up and running again as soon as possible. Furnace failure can lead to discomfort and serious health risks from the decreased indoor air quality, especially if the breakdown occurs during extreme weather and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air. Emergency services might be more expensive than a scheduled service, but it's worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Liberty Furnace Repair Service
There are multiple factors to consider when hiring a local Liberty furnace repair provider. We’ve detailed them below.
- Cost: Look for transparent and competitive pricing, and make sure you find a company that offers all the services you need. Compare several Liberty furnace repair companies. Beware of ones that offer extremely low rates, as they may use subpar replacement parts and low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Ask your furnace repair company about any guarantees or warranties it offers. Trustworthy service providers offer these guarantees to protect customers if any problems come up post-repair. Guarantees may cover both parts and workmanship.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair provider holds all the necessary licenses and certifications. HVAC contractors in Ohio must obtain a contractor's license from the Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board. Proper licensing helps ensure that technicians are qualified to handle furnace repairs safely.
- Qualifications: Look into the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. Ideally, technicians will have appropriate training and expertise in various furnace makes and models. Ask about ongoing training programs to ensure a company keeps up with current repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Learn more about a company's reputation by looking at online reviews and testimonials. A strong positive reputation is a likely indicator of quality services. Look at how a company addresses negative feedback or complaints, reflecting its commitment to customer satisfaction.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The final total may vary, but expect to spend an average of $408 on furnace repair. Below, find a list of common repairs and their costs.
- Broken thermostat: $77–$385
- Cleaning: $46–$62
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,538–$2,692
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$115
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$85
- Filter change: $31–$115
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Liberty
How often should I have my furnace serviced?
Will a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.