Common Types of Air Conditioners
There are a few different kinds of air conditioners on the Liberty market. While HVAC professionals can work with most types, knowing which one you have will streamline your company search.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name implies, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're popular for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Central AC: These are the most common home air conditioners, offering consistent, precise temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools air from outside, purifies it, and sends it through ducts to various rooms in your home.
- Window-mounted ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Liberty condos, apartments, and townhomes. These compact, affordable units are designed for cooling single rooms and small spaces, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users install their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an exterior unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, individual room temperature control, and flexible installation options.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one indoors and one outdoors. They provide peaceful operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
How to Choose Your Liberty AC Repair Service
While you might want to resolve your AC issue quickly, you should do your research before signing a contract with a repair service. Take the following steps to ensure you find the right company for your home.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Ohio's Construction Industry Licensing Board licenses and regulates HVAC and refrigeration companies throughout the state. We recommend verifying a company's licensing information by visiting the Board's website.
You should also check a company has sufficient liability coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if mishaps arise during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Find customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes businesses that respond to complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's common for even the best AC repair providers to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a provider if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different providers for the best value. A good estimate should include additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about manufacturer warranties, the emergency repair process, and installer guarantees.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Liberty
What's the cost of an AC repair job in Liberty?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Common Repair||Average Cost|
|Clogged air filter||$75–$180|
|Frozen condenser coils||$251–$1004|
|Fan or air blower issues||$451–$652|