Common Types of Air Conditioners
There are a few different types of air conditioners on the Fairfield market. While HVAC contractors can work with most types, knowing which one you have will streamline your company hunt.
- Window ACs: Window air conditioners are a popular choice for Fairfield townhomes, apartments, and condos. These budget-friendly, convenient units are designed for cooling small spaces and single rooms, and they fit snugly in a window frame or dedicated wall slot. Many window-mounted AC users install their units without professional assistance, though technicians can still help with maintenance and repairs.
- Split ACs: Split ACs have two main elements: one inside and one outside. They offer quiet operation, greater energy efficiency, ductwork options, and more cooling capability versus mini-splits.
- Portable air conditioners: As the name suggests, portable ACs don't require permanent installation or ductwork. Instead, they remove hot air through an exhaust hose connected to a window or nearby vent. They're a common choice for condos, apartments, or individual rooms.
- Ductless mini-split: Ductless mini-splits have an outdoor unit and multiple interior units, with no ductwork required. They offer higher energy efficiency, flexible installation options, and individual room temperature control.
- Central AC: These are the most common residential AC systems, offering precise, consistent temperature control. They feature a central unit that cools and purifies outside air and sends it through ducts to different rooms in your home.
How to Choose Your Fairfield AC Repair Service
While you might want to resolve your AC issue quickly, you should do your research before committing to a repair service. Take the following steps to ensure you find the right company for your home.
Confirm the Company Is Properly Licensed and Insured
Ohio's Construction Industry Licensing Board licenses and regulates HVAC and refrigeration companies throughout the state. We recommend verifying a company's licensing information by visiting the Board's website.
You should also confirm a company has sufficient liability insurance coverage, even if your state doesn't require it. Choosing an insured company will protect you if mishaps arise during work.
Read Customer Reviews
Check customer reviews on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website for each company you're interested in. The BBB recognizes contractors that resolve complaints effectively and honor their warranties.
It's normal for even the best AC repair providers to have both positive and negative reviews. Read each one carefully, and avoid a business if most reviewers had subpar experiences.
Obtain at least three detailed, written estimates from different providers for the best value. A good estimate should include additional fees such as permitting costs. You should also ask about installer guarantees, manufacturer warranties, and the emergency repair process.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About AC Repair in Fairfield
What's the cost of an AC repair job in Fairfield?
See the average costs for common AC repairs below.
|Clogged air filter
|Frozen condenser coils
|Fan or air blower issues
Does my air conditioner need routine maintenance? If so, how often?
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
Is hiring an HVAC company better than doing the repair on my own?
Should my HVAC company have a private accreditation?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.