Common Causes of Foundation Problems in Euclid
A few typical reasons why Euclid homeowners encounter foundation problems include:
- Improper modifications: Roofing or landscaping work that wasn't done properly could lead to your foundation settling.
- Standing water: Pooling water around your home can be menacing to your foundation's integrity, especially when it gathers in areas your gutters don't reach.
- Topsoil Frost: When temperatures plunge, topsoil abruptly ices over and lower layers can't expand, forcing upper layers to heave and permanently damage infrastructure.
- Aging plumbing: Euclid has its fair share of older homes, with a median building year of 1957. Many of these properties use cast-iron plumbing. When the pipes start to erode, leaking water could reach your foundation and even pool beneath it.
- Tree Roots: Tree roots can encroach on a home's foundation through cracks, and may apply force that causes your foundation fracturing, pipes rupturing, and overall structural destabilization.
How to Choose the Best Foundation Repair Company
Choosing a foundation contractor doesn't have to be challenging. We encourage you to jot down what you want most in a provider, then evaluate each company on your shortlist against these qualities.
Licensing and Experience
While Ohio doesn't regulate foundation repair companies at a state level, cities can choose to require licenses, exams, or continuing education. Contact the Euclid city hall, Cuyahoga County, or your regional building district for more information about what's necessary. To further understand your contractor's experience, we recommend asking questions about what local codes apply to your project, how the company inspects foundations, and how its team will draft plans and pull permits.
One of the simplest ways to evaluate a company's reputation is to browse its website. Look for the company's history and what credentials its team holds. Many top companies provide educational content for prospective customers.
We suggest examining the company's Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile to find out whether it's accredited and has a good customer review score. You can see whether other homeowners have reported satisfaction or filed complaints. Pay special attention to what customers say about company warranties. Complaints aren't necessarily a red flag in themselves. You want to discover how a company manages them. If the management team consistently and proactively resolves issues, it's a good sign. However, if the company lacks accreditation, has an abundance of negative feedback, and doesn't communicate well, you should avoid working with it.
Lastly, we recommend you search different websites, such as Trustpilot and Google, for other reviews.
Foundation Repair Cost in Euclid
The price of foundation repair can range widely depending on the degree of the issues and what's needed to resolve them. For minor foundation cracking and settling problems, you may pay as little as $1,800. However, if there is considerable deterioration, the normal cost is about $3,100. More intricate projects involving tunneling, helical piers, or major mudjacking could cost upwards of $6,900. Below are the average foundation repair costs for common issues.
|Common Foundation Repair Services
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Foundation Repair Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Foundation Repair in Euclid
What will I pay to repair my foundation in Euclid?
What's the most popular foundation type in Euclid?
What's the time to complete a typical foundation repair job?
What preventive measures can I take to avoid foundation issues?
- Ensure your home's gutters and downspouts are in good condition and direct water away from your foundation to prevent water accumulation.
- Water the soil around your foundation evenly, especially during dry spells, to prevent expansion and shrinking.
- If possible, grade the soil around your home to angle away from your foundation, promoting water drainage and minimizing the risk of foundation issues.
- Check your foundation for signs of damage, and fix any issues promptly.
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.