Types of Services Offered by Electricians
Electricians can tackle most electrical problems. Here is a rundown of the services homeowners request the most.
Electrical System Installation
Setting up electrical systems is a complex process. It begins with a comprehensive assessment of your home’s energy usage and needs and choosing appropriate cables, conduits, and light fixtures to meet regulations. The installation includes connecting the main panel, distributing circuits to individual outlets and fixtures, grounding the system for safety, and setting up protective devices, such as circuit breakers.
Electrical repairs shouldn't be brushed aside. It’s important to address faulty wiring, power outages, or malfunctioning fixtures promptly to avoid injury or electrical fires. A skilled electrician can detect the problem and implement the necessary repairs.
Whole-House Rewiring and Panel Upgrades
Whole-home electrical rewiring and panel upgrades involves updating faulty wiring and panels throughout your entire property. This is often necessary for aging homes with systems that may present safety risks or fail to satisfy modern electrical demands. Electricians inspect existing wiring, identify potential hazards, and create a strategic plan. Drawing from their findings, they take out old wiring, set up new cables, and update fixtures, switches, electrical panels, and outlets to comply with current building codes and safety standards.
Professional surge protection safeguards your electrical system and valuable devices from power surges' damaging effects. After evaluating your system requirements, electricians will put in surge protection devices that redirect surplus energy away from sensitive equipment when there are voltage spikes. Having surge protectors professionally installed in strategic spots, like the main panel or individual outlets, provides you with defense against surges that can cause costly damage.
Emergency Electrical Services
Emergency electrical services give essential, rapid help 24/7. Emergency services include tackling weather damage, electrical fires, power outages, and faulty wiring. Professional emergency responders ensure electrical problems are tackled quickly.
Factors To Consider When Choosing an Electrician in Columbus
Consider the following when choosing an electrician in Columbus.
- Cost: Cost shouldn't be the only deciding factor, but transparent pricing is important to keep in mind. Request a detailed estimate from the electrician before starting the work to see if it's affordable.
- References: Request references, so you can learn more about past clients' experiences.
- Reputation and reviews: Read through sites such as Google Reviews and the Better Business Bureau for information on other customers’ experiences. Choose a licensed electrician with a reputation for quality work and good customer service.
- Safety measures: Your electrician should comply with proper safety precautions to avoid accidents and injuries. Inquire about their safety measures, such as wearing the proper gear.
- Qualifications: Search for an electrician who’s licensed, insured, and bonded. These qualifications prove that they have the required training and expertise to perform electrical work safely and effectively. The Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board regulates licensing for electricians. Visit their website for more information about the requirements.
How Much Does an Electrician Cost?
The cost of an electrician varies depending on several factors, such as your location, the specific services required, the electrician’s experience and qualifications, and the project’s complexity. Electricians may charge a fixed price or an hourly rate. Most electricians charge $31–$47 per hour in Columbus, which totals to $120–$240 for most small to medium projects. We recommend obtaining several quotes and discussing the project details with the electrician for the most accurate price.
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Electrical Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Electrical in Columbus
What should I do in case of an electrical emergency?
How can I tell if my home's electrical system needs an upgrade?
What causes circuit breakers to trip repeatedly?
How can I reduce the risk of electrical fires in my home?
Can electricians help with energy-efficient upgrades?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.