Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Your local furnace repair company provides various services to help your system work effectively. We review common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs restore your furnace's function, extend its life span, and optimize energy efficiency. Furnace repair professionals are trained to deal with broken blower motors, malfunctioning thermostats, clogged air filters, and more. Your technician can diagnose and repair problems like these to keep your furnace running efficiently. A qualified HVAC technician can also assist with issues such as malfunctioning thermostats, possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, or faulty ignitions. Furnace repair professionals can also provide routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include inspecting and cleaning your furnace, replacing air filters, lubricating moving parts, and generally making sure all components work properly.
HVAC providers can help you install a new furnace if yours is beyond repair. An expert can also help with upgrading to a more energy-efficient model, like a heat pump. First, a skilled technician will assess your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the best furnace model for you based on your requirements and budget. HVAC technicians follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. They will also integrate the new system with existing thermostats and air ducts. After installation, the company will complete one last inspection to confirm that the furnace runs optimally and efficiently.
You probably need an inspection if you discover that your furnace isn’t turning on. A technician will thoroughly inspect every part of the furnace to look for potential problems. The inspection typically includes checking for any gas or fuel leaks, inspecting the burner and ignition system, testing the thermostat's accuracy, examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, and cleaning and replacing air filters. During an annual inspection, your technician will check your heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular tune-ups help avoid breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote safe living during chilly winters.
Some furnace repair providers also have emergency services, which are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter, emergency services can get it up and running again as soon as possible. When your furnace fails in extreme weather conditions, and it's not possible to open windows for fresh air, it can pose serious discomfort and health risks from poor indoor air quality. Though emergency services will cost more than scheduled services, it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Cleveland Furnace Repair Service
You should consider a number of factors when selecting a local Cleveland furnace repair service. We review some key considerations below.
- Cost: Compare several Cleveland furnace repair companies to find the best prices and service offerings. Look for competitive, transparent pricing, but stay away from companies with extremely low rates. These providers often make up the difference with subpar replacement parts or low-quality workmanship.
- Guarantees: Check for warranties or guarantees offered by your furnace repair provider. A trustworthy company should stand behind its work and offer a reasonable guarantee on repairs and replacement parts. This provides peace of mind knowing you can depend on your service provider if any issues arise after repairs.
- Licensing: Verify that your furnace repair company holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in Ohio must obtain a contractor's license from the Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board.
- Qualifications: Ask about a company's training policies and the experience of its technicians. Companies that offer ongoing training are more likely to have technicians that use the latest repair techniques. You want a company that employs well-trained technicians with experience working with various furnace makes and models.
- Reputation and reviews: You can read online testimonials and reviews from previous customers to learn about a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also be mindful of how it addresses negative feedback. This can tell you a lot about a company's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The cost of furnace repair depends on several factors, such as the HVAC unit type, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. The average furnace repair costs $421, but the final price depends on the situation. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $79–$393
- Cleaning: $47–$63
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,572–$2,750
- Damaged blower bearings: $24–$118
- Damaged blower belt: $24–$86
- Filter change: $31–$118
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Cleveland
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.