Services Offered by Gutter Guard Companies
Many gutter guard providers offer a complete range of services beyond guard installation and repair. They could also clean and fix other components of your gutter system, including that coverage in a comprehensive warranty.
Gutter Guard Installation
The majority of gutter guards require professional installation, but there are some Amazon gutter guard options which feature straightforward DIY installation. Gutter guards such as LeafGuard or LeafFilter provide installation services. Stainless steel micro-mesh and aluminum gutter guards are quality options for new gutter systems. Other types include reverse-curve gutter guards or PVC screens. Warranty options and gutter protection vary based on the type of guard you choose.
Many gutter guard providers offer full gutter system replacement. This is especially true with one-piece products such as LeafGuard's, where the mesh is attached to the gutters themselves. Each piece is measured and cut on-site to fit your home. Comprehensive gutter installation includes end caps, downspouts, hangers, and other components in one package. You can usually buy gutters without installation services. However, for the safest and most effective results, we recommend professional installation if you have a multi-story home.
Temperature changes, standing water, and debris accumulation can lead to damaged, less effective gutters. Ask each company about its repair policies and packages. Some contractors won't repair a gutter system if a different company installed it.
Most Akron residents dread gutter cleaning, but it's still critical to do it at least twice a year. When shingle grit, pine needles, small particles, or leaves gather, the risk of clogs and water damage increases. This is especially the case if you have a mildly sloping roof. Ask your gutter company about cleaning packages.
Gutter guard companies typically offer warranty coverage. Warranties will vary from company to company, but they could cover materials, labor, or both. Material warranties typically last longer, sometimes for the lifetime of the product. Installer warranties can include maintenance over a set period of time, typically 10–15 years.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Gutter Guard Company
Before booking a gutter guard repair or committing to an entire seamless gutter system, evaluate your preferred companies using these criteria.
- Cost: Get estimates from multiple companies so you can compare prices. Some contractors offer a comprehensive price for complete gutter installation. Others charge separately for gutter cleaning, fascia board replacement, and gutter guard installation.
- Expertise: Gutter installation companies offer different services and have varying skill levels. Choose a company that can provide all the services you require. You can see the services a company provides listed on their website.
- Guarantees: The effects of summer downpours, coupled with wintertime freezing, can wear on your gutter system as the years go by. Many top providers offer warranties lasting 10 years minimum. If you live in an area with a harsher climate, look into warranty plans that thoroughly cover your gutters and guards.
- Licensing: Companies must follow state workers' comp laws to protect their crews. Ohio or Akron might also require gutter companies to carry a trade license and liability insurance. Call your local government to learn more about specific requirements and ensure a company has the proper licensing before signing a contract.
- Reputation and reviews: Online feedback from past customers is an incredibly valuable tool for screening any home services company. Sites such as Yelp, the Better Business Bureau, Google Reviews, Trustpilot, and social media provide crucial insight into past experiences and how a company responds to complaints.
How Much Do Gutter Guards Cost?
Installing new gutter guards typically costs between $388 and $3,435. Up-front gutter guard costs can be high for some homeowners. However, you'll save money over time by preventing water damage to your foundation, roof, and fascia. Factors such as gutter accessibility, home size, length and width, and time of year impact the final quoted price.
This table has the average per-foot prices for the most popular gutter guard types in Akron. To use the table, determine what type of gutter guard you need. Then, multiply the corresponding cost per foot by your gutter system's total length. Don't include downspouts in your calculation.
|Cost per foot
|Stainless steel micro-mesh
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Gutter Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Gutter Guards in Akron
Should I use gutter guards for a rain collection system?
Should I install my own gutter guards?
Can gutter guards stop all sizes of debris?
What are some problems I can encounter with my gutter guards?
Does gutter size affect the cost of my gutter guards?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.