Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
You can employ a local furnace repair professional for a number of services that help keep your furnace running efficiently. We outline some common offerings below.
Repair and Maintenance
A timely repair restores the furnace's function, extends its life span, and optimizes energy efficiency. Furnace repair experts are trained to handle broken blower motors, clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, and more. Your technician can help diagnose and repair these and other issues to keep your furnace working effectively. A qualified HVAC technician can also assist with issues like malfunctioning thermostats, possible gas leaks, damaged heat exchangers, or faulty ignitions. Furnace repair professionals can also handle routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can involve inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and ensuring all components function properly.
Your local HVAC expert can upgrade your furnace to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. If your system is past repair, they can also help install an entire new furnace. Your technician will start by assessing your heating needs and home’s layout. Then, the tech will recommend the right furnace model for your requirements and budget. Your HVAC technician can integrate your new system with existing air ducts and thermostats. They're trained to follow industry standards and safety protocols to ensure proper furnace replacement and connection. To ensure everything is running optimally, your technician will perform a final inspection after installation.
If you find that your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will probably recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential problems. This process involves a technician examining each furnace component. The inspection usually includes examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, testing the thermostat's accuracy, inspecting the burner and ignition system, cleaning and replacing air filters, and checking for any gas or fuel leaks. A technician will check the heating system's efficiency and safety and make any needed repairs or adjustments. Annual furnace inspections and tune-ups help ensure optimal performance and help avoid potential breakdowns, which promotes a safe living environment during chilly winters.
Some furnace repair providers offer emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected malfunctions, breakdowns, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down in the middle of winter, emergency services can have it up and running again as soon as possible. When your furnace fails during extreme weather, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can lead to discomfort and serious health risks from poor indoor air quality. Though emergency services will cost more than scheduled services, it’s worth it to protect your health.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Akron Furnace Repair Service
You should consider several factors when selecting a local Akron furnace repair company. We go over some important considerations below.
- Cost: Compare multiple Akron furnace repair companies to look for the best service offerings and prices. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid companies that quote extremely low rates. These providers may make up the difference with low-quality workmanship or subpar replacement parts.
- Guarantees: Guarantees and warranties provide peace of mind should problems come up post-repair. Reliable furnace repair companies should back their work with warranties or guarantees for both workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: Make sure your furnace repair servicer holds the licenses and certifications required by local and state authorities. Proper licensing ensures the technicians are qualified and trained to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively. HVAC contractors in Ohio must obtain a contractor's license from the Ohio Construction Industry Licensing Board.
- Qualifications: Look into a furnace repair company's qualifications and experience. Your service provider should employ well-trained technicians who have experience with various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training policies to make sure they stay on top of the latest industry standard repair techniques.
- Reputation and reviews: Read online testimonials and reviews from previous customers to get a sense of a company's reputation. Look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but also be mindful of how it addresses negative feedback. This can reveal a lot about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
The total cost of furnace repair will vary depending on factors such as the type of HVAC unit, the extent of the damage, and the price of replacement parts. Your final price may vary, but expect to spend an average of $415 on furnace repair. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $78–$389
- Cleaning: $47–$62
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,556–$2,724
- Damaged blower bearings: $23–$117
- Damaged blower belt: $23–$86
- Filter change: $31–$117
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Akron
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.