Services Offered by Furnace Repair Companies
Furnace repair providers offer various services to ensure your furnace works efficiently and effectively. We go over some common services below.
Repair and Maintenance
Timely repairs extend the furnace's life span and optimize its energy efficiency, on top of restoring furnace function. Furnace repair experts are trained to deal with broken blower motors, clogged air filters, malfunctioning thermostats, and more. Your technician can diagnose and repair problems like these to keep your furnace running efficiently. A qualified HVAC technician can also handle issues such as possible gas leaks, faulty ignitions, malfunctioning thermostats, or damaged heat exchangers. Furnace repair experts can also complete routine HVAC maintenance to avoid unnecessary breakdowns. This can include inspecting and cleaning your furnace, lubricating moving parts, replacing air filters, and making sure all components work properly.
HVAC companies can also install a new furnace if your furnace is beyond repair, or if you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient model, such as a heat pump. First, skilled technicians assess your home's layout and heating needs. Then, they recommend a suitable furnace model based on your requirements and budget. Your HVAC expert can integrate your new system with your existing thermostat and air ducts, and they should follow industry safety protocols and standards for proper furnace replacement and connection. Following installation, the technician will perform a final inspection to make sure your furnace runs properly.
If you find that your furnace isn’t turning on, your furnace repair company will probably recommend a thorough inspection to identify potential issues. This process involves a technician examining each component of your furnace. The inspection normally includes examining the heat exchanger for cracks or damage, testing the thermostat's accuracy, cleaning and replacing air filters, checking for any gas or fuel leaks, and inspecting the burner and ignition system. We recommend an annual inspection, during which your technician will verify your heating system's efficiency and safety and make any necessary repairs or adjustments. Regular inspections help prevent possible breakdowns, ensure optimal heating performance, and promote a safe living environment during colder months.
Some furnace repair providers also have emergency services. These services are available 24/7 for unexpected breakdowns, malfunctions, or other safety concerns. If your furnace breaks down during a cold night, emergency services can get it up and running again as soon as possible. When your furnace fails during extreme weather, and you're unable to open windows for fresh air, it can lead to serious discomfort and health risks due to decreased indoor air quality. Emergency services cost more than scheduled services, but protecting your health is worth it.
Factors To Consider When Choosing a Local Charlotte Furnace Repair Service
You should consider a number of factors when hiring a local Charlotte furnace repair provider. We go over some of the most important below.
- Cost: Compare pricing and services offered by several Charlotte furnace repair companies. Look for transparent and competitive pricing, but avoid extremely low-cost options. Abnormally low prices may indicate that a company is making up the difference by compromising the quality of work or materials.
- Guarantees: Warranties and guarantees provide peace of mind if issues arise post-repair. Reliable furnace repair companies should stand behind their work with guarantees or warranties for both their workmanship and replacement parts.
- Licensing: HVAC contractors in North Carolina must obtain a contractor's license from the New Mexico Regulation and Licensing Department Construction Industries Division. Hiring a properly licensed and certified furnace repair provider is essential to ensure that your technician is qualified to handle furnace repairs safely and effectively.
- Qualifications: Learn about the qualifications and experience of a furnace repair company. You want technicians that are well-trained and experienced at working on various furnace makes and models. Inquire about a company's training programs to confirm that technicians are educated on the latest industry standards for repairs.
- Reputation and reviews: You can read online testimonials and reviews to learn about a company's reputation. It's important to look for a provider with overall positive reviews, but you should also pay attention to how it addresses negative feedback. This can reveal a great deal about a provider's commitment to customer service.
How Much Does a Furnace Repair Cost?
Several factors influence the cost of furnace repair. These include the type of HVAC unit, extent of the damage, and cost of replacement parts. On average, furnace repair costs $464, though the prices can vary depending on your situation. The following are some common furnace repairs, as well as their average costs.
- Broken thermostat: $84–$418
- Cleaning: $50–$67
- Cracked heat exchanger: $1,673–$2,928
- Damaged blower bearings: $25–$125
- Damaged blower belt: $25–$92
- Filter change: $33–$125
Ready to Get a Quote on Your Hvac Project?
Frequently Asked Questions About Furnace Repair in Charlotte
How often do I need to have my furnace serviced?
Does a home warranty cover a furnace?
How can I tell whether my furnace needs repairs?
What should I do if my furnace breaks down in the middle of winter?
How can I prevent the need for furnace repairs?
To share feedback or ask a question about this article, send a note to our Reviews Team at email@example.com.